How to Get Free Crypto
When you’re new to crypto things can quickly overwhelm you. New terms and acronyms to learn, new markets to follow, new coins every day competing for a share of your attention. What can you do to cut through the FUD and minimise the FOMO without getting in over your head in fiat debt? Free crypto can get you started without any money, and here’s how you can get it.
Claim from Faucets
Crypto faucet give out small amounts of crypto – Bitcoin mostly but faucets for most other alt-coins exist. New coins will often launch faucets as well to help speed up adoption of their coin.
Claiming if often as simple as completing a CAPTCHA to prove you’re an actual human and not a bot. Bots are the scourge of faucets designed only to steal crypto. Other tasks may involve visiting a sponsor’s website or other random task.
Faucets play a vital role in introducing new people to cryptocurrencies as they help mitigate the risks involved. By accumulating free coins, new users can perform test transactions until they’re comfortable with how the wallets function and how crypto exchanges work.
How You Earn
With some faucet sites you will need to accumulate a minimum amount of coins before you can receive the payout, other sites pay instantly as you claim.
Micro-wallet sites like FaucetHub exist to facilitate these transactions. Micro-wallet sites are like someone else managing your wallet. Not normally a good idea, but for earning from faucets they make the process much easier than waiting to accumulate a minimum amount.
Pro Tip: Check out our How To guide for FaucetHub if you’ve never used them before! It’ll help you get started.
The faucet sites have balances on these sites as well so when you claim the transaction doesn’t go via the blockchain. This means instant payments to you with no network fees.
There are hundreds of faucets to choose from, so how can you tell the good from the bad? Yes, there are shady operators out there, even outright fakes who promise coins but never deliver. Here’s my list of trustworthy faucets I recommend to crypto new comers. I use all of these frequently, and they have all proven to pay out as promised.
- Bit Fun ►
- High-paying faucet. Claim Bitcoin every 5 minutes. Satoshi builds up quickly at first then slows down.
- Bonus Bitcoin ►
- Claim Bitcoin every 15 minutes plus a 5% daily bonus. The more often you claim, the bigger the daily bonus.
- Moon Bitcoin ►
- Claim Bitcoin every 5 minutes. Part of the Coinpot network of faucets. Claim crypto from any of their faucets and earn bonus tokens to enter lotteries or convert for more crypto.
- Cointiply ►
- Claim once per hour. Payout in “coins” which can be paid out in Bitcoin or Dogecoin. Earn even more using their offer wall!
- Free Bitcoin ►
- Claim a randomly selected amount of Bitcoin once per hour plus earn lottery tickets and reward points towards free stuff.
- adBTC ►
- Kickass Traffic ►
- Another well established pay-to-click (PTC) website with a low (10,000 satoshi ) payout minimum. Earn lots of Bitcoin for minimal effort as well as even more from their high paying offer wall.
Bitcoin Games that Pay
- Febbit ► Febbit is a fun Bitcoin mining simulator that pays out real Bitcoin. Check out our Game and Strategy Guide page for more about this game and tips on how to play it.
- Rollercoin ►
- Rollercoin is a virtual Bitcoin mining game where the aim of the game is to set up your own simulated Bitcoin mining farm. Your simulation earns real Bitcoins though, and you get to play games to boost your mining power.
- Moon Bitcoin Cash ►
- Claim Bitcoin every 5 minutes. Part of the Coinpot network of faucets.
- Moon Dogecoin ►
- Claim Dogecoin every 5 minutes. Part of the Coinpot network of faucets.
- Moon Litecoin ►
- Claim Litecoin every 5 minutes. Part of the Coinpot network of faucets.
- Moon Dash ►
- Claim Dash every 5 minutes. Part of the Coinpot network of faucets.
- Cointiply ►
- Claim once per hour. Payout in “coins” which can be paid out in Bitcoin or Dogecoin.
- Free Dogecoin ►
- Claim a randomly selected amount of Dogecoin once per hour.
- FreeXDN ►
- Claim a randomly selected amount of DigitalNote XDN every hour. Twice per day you can use the “Daily Doubler”, a special double payout code hidden at various points throughout the website. Note: Offline (Last Checked July 2nd)